Thursday, May 10, 2012

11 Months!

Sweet Campbell turned 11 months old on May 10th, 2012. Look at that picture. Where has my baby gone? That's a little girl, not a baby! Whew...that's hard for this mama to stomach. Here's the scoop on our little bundle of energy this month:

Sleeping Patterns: Campbell slept well from her 10th to 11th month. She did give us one heck of a scare this month, though. A couple of nights, while I put her to bed, she stopped breathing. It felt like an eternity, but I honestly don't know how long it was. The first night, I told myself it was a fluke, but of course was a nervous wreck all night. When it happened the second night, I knew I had to have her checked out. I got her an appointment with our doctor the very next day, and God bless Dr. Schuster's heart, she spent so much time with us trying to figure it out. She just didn't feel like there was enough information to warrant a sleep study at Kosair, so she sent us home with instructions to time her when/if she stopped breathing. If she stopped breathing for more than 10 seconds or turned blue around the lips at any time, we were to put her in the car and head straight to Kosair. That night, she stopped breathing again, and it was so hard to not try to make her breathe. I timed her, and it was less than 10 seconds, so we were in the clear...I was still sick with worry, but felt much better about the situation. Strangely enough, the next night (and every night thereafter) she's been fine. Completely normal...which I am so very thankful for, but I wish I knew what caused those episodes in the first place.

Eating Habits: Campbell is now only nursing about 4 times a day, but is eating a lot of solids. She loves to eat.

New Foods She Liked: Fresh strawberries, green beans, egg yolk

New Discoveries: Campbell can (sort of) drink from a cup (a real cup, not just a sippy) on her own. She wants to have a drink of whatever David and I are drinking. She also learned how to click her tongue this month!

My Accomplishments: Campbell has been a busy, busy girl this month! She clapped her hands on command on April 13th. She pulled to standing on April 25th (after I agonized about whether to call the pediatrician, who wanted to refer her to First Steps if she hadn't pulled up by 10.5 months). She sat up on her own from lying down at 2am on April 26th (I know this because she was in the Pack 'N Play in our room due to her breathing episodes, and for about an hour, it was a routine of sit up, lay down, sit up, lay down, rinse, repeat). She crawled on May 9th!

Places She Went: We went on a mini-vacation this month to Nashville! We went to the zoo, to the Opryland Hotel, and she got to swim in our hotel's indoor pool. We had such a great time!

Special Friends: This month, Ms. Gayle watched two other kids for a few days. Campbell had lots of fun playing with Adam and Lilly.

Baby Babbles: The new babble we heard most often this month has been hah-dah. Not sure what it means, but she's pretty purposeful when saying it.

It's proving to be more and more difficult to get a good shot of Campbell in her monthly onesie. It's definitely a team effort between David and I. I'm usually the one feverishly snapping pictures while David is wrangling her or trying to make her smile. These are just a few of the outtakes from our 11 month "photo shoot". Her newfound mobility is a gamechanger, for sure! I just love this little girl and her big personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...