Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Weeks

30 weeks! This is another one of those milestones that seems like a big deal. It means that if Sprout doesn't come early, he or she will be here in 10 weeks! That's 2 1/2 months! It's just still so hard to believe that we'll have a baby here before long!

And here's the weekly belly shot. This was taken on Wednesday, when I was 30 weeks and 3 days. I don't look great in it...mostly due to the fact that I'd taken a walk on my lunchbreak and was very windblown and hot! This is the shirt I wore in my 27 week update...I wanted to see how much difference there was in belly size. I don't think there's a lot of difference, though. I had to put the two pictures side-by-side to be able to tell the difference, and it's not all that noticeable. You can tell that the shirt is stretched a little tighter this week, though. :) I have felt a lot bigger this week, that's for sure. And on Sunday morning at church, Mom said she thought my belly had gotten a lot bigger from the previous week. I guess there's definitely been some growth, but I think it mostly has to do with what I'm wearing. I was told by a stranger on Wednesday (when this picture was taken) that I looked really small...so I don't know! I just know that it's getting harder and harder to get up off the floor, and I'm less comfortable sitting on the couch or laying in bed!

In other news, between last week's post and this post, I turned 30! Yikes! I am a planner by nature...I love to plan things out to the most minute detail. For the longest time, I've had my life planned out. I was going to get married at age 23, have a baby by 25 or 26, and probably be done with having kids by age 30. Of course, my plan didn't exactly work out. David and I got married when we were 25, so I revised my plan...I decided we'd have our first baby by the time I was 29. Well...that didn't work out either. (I seem to have a hard time forgetting that things have to happen in His time, not mine!) So here I am, at age 30, expecting our first baby. I'll be completely honest and say that I've had more than one meltdown about being an "old mom". I've never wanted to be an "old mom" and I'm trying to embrace the fact that when my baby is 10, I'll be 40; when he/she is 20, I'll be 50; when he/she is 30, I'll be 60, etc. I have decided, though, that I guess I am quite a bit wiser than I was at 25 or 26...and certainly not as naive, so that will surely work out to my benefit raising this little one!

We had our third Empowered Birth class this Monday night, and I'm really enjoying the classes. I think they've definitely been well worth the money spent. This week, we talked about the progression of labor, how to know what stage of labor you're in, how to cope with pain during each stage, positions for laboring, comfort measures during labor, and the procedures to expect in the hospital upon check-in. It was very informative! We really thought David was going to have his burning question answered this week ("When do I take you to the hospital?!"), but I don't think it was answered to his satisfaction. Angela's answer was this, in a nutshell: "Well, that's pretty much up to you all. My advice is to labor at home for as long as possible. If you get there too early, you're much more likely to end up with a c-section. But if you're still at home, and she's saying, 'I'm done with this...I can't do it anymore!' then you should probably have already gotten to the hospital." Nope...not the answer David was looking for! :)

We've got plans to have maternity pictures taken this weekend by Kristin Sexton. I'm looking forward to not only having the pictures done, but also the opportunity to spend some time with Kristin and her husband, Benson. They're wonderful people, and it's always a pleasure to see them!

Sprout's been pretty busy this week. Right now, he's rolling and tumbling in my belly. I think he enjoyed the Mexican food and DQ blizzard I had tonight! I can tell that he/she is getting bigger. There are times when I can feel little body parts through my belly. I can never tell if it's a head, elbow, knee, foot, hand, or rear end, but I love to feel it! It's incredible to know that there's really just a bit of skin, fat, and muscle separating us...and that in a few months, there'll be nothing to separate us! I wonder a lot about what he/she looks like. I've mentioned several times that I'm convinced Sprout's a boy. I love to picture him. I'm hoping he has a full head of dark hair, and his daddy's olive skin. But in the end, it doesn't matter. Sprout might be a bald, pale, little girl, and I'll love her just the same!

Tonight I had dinner with two good friends, and we had a great time! They've both got two kiddos each, so they've been giving me lots of good advice and encouragement about this whole motherhood thing. Except tonight when Leslie reminded me just how close we are to Sprout's due date...that thought honestly made me a little queasy! I can't wait for Sprout to be here, but at this moment, we're just not ready. At least we're not ready physically...we've got to get it in gear around here. There are curtains to hang, quotes to paint on the wall, shelves to build in the closet, and organizing to be done. Ack! But Leslie and Carrie reassured me that it'll get done, and if it's not, it's really no big deal.

We have our next doctor's appointment on Monday morning, and I hope Dr. Basham is ready for lots of questions. At almost 31 weeks, I've decided that this is really happening, so it's time to get some questions answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...